Welcome to Reo Visa and Immigration

The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) was established to offer a Permanent Resident (PR) Visa to Canada to qualified skilled foreign tradespeople in dozens of high-demand occupations (such as carpenters, electricians, plumbers and welders). Many of these skilled trades are related to jobs in such occupation categories as:

  • Construction, Electrical and Industrial
  • Equipment Operation and Maintenance
  • Supervisors and Technical Jobs in Natural Resources, Agriculture and Related Production
  • Processing, Manufacturing and Utilities Supervisors and Central Control Operators

Skilled foreign tradespeople and their eligible family members who are granted a PR Visa to Canada through the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) are authorised to live and work in Canada long-term, receive free basic healthcare (after a brief waiting period), get access to educational programs, and have the opportunity to enjoy the high standard of living that Canada is famous for. Another great benefit of being issued a PR Visa to Canada through the FSTP is the option to apply for Canadian citizenship after living in Canada as a permanent resident at least four years and meeting other criteria!


Who can apply for the FSTP?

In order to qualify for the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), an applicant must have a minimum of two years of full-time paid work experience during the past five years in a trade that is eligible for the FSTP. Dozens of jobs in Canada qualify for the FSTP, particularly in the construction industry, oil & gas sector, trades related to heavy machinery, and various technical fields, among many others. Currently, all of the skilled trades eligible for the FSTP will be listed under the NOC Skill Level B category in the following groups (groups 72, 73, 82 and 92 each have several specific occupations listed as eligible for the FSTP):

  • Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
  • Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
  • Major Group 82, supervisors & technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture & related production
  • Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
  • Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks, and
  • Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers

Skilled foreign workers will also need to meet the requirements for employment in their FSTP-eligible trade as defined by the NOC system.

Who can get this visa?

In order to qualify for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, Federal Skilled Trades applicants must:

  • have offers of employment from up to two employers in Canada of at least one year duration OR a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial body;
  • provide proof of basic language proficiency from a designated language testing organisation, demonstrating that the applicant meets the minimum threshold set by the Minister — Canadian Level Benchmark (CLB) 5 for speaking and listening, CLB 4 for reading and writing;
  • have obtained 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work)  in the skilled trade in the five years before applying; and
  • be able to demonstrate the skills and experience and that they have performed the essential duties of the occupation.

What you get after visa approval?

  • Can live and work in Canada permanently.
  • Can sponsor your family to become permanent residents.
  • Can apply for citizenship after spending three years in Canada.

How to Apply


Talk to our expert advisors who possess wide range of knowledge on Canada visa and immigration and available 24/365.


Our immigration experts will run a free assessment and advise you options and eligibility to apply a Canada work visa


We will advise, support and prepare your Canada work permit applications on your behalf.

Need more information?

Chat with our expert advisers 24/7 who will help you understand more about this visa.

Canada Immigration Assessment

Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.

My application was dealt by immigration expert in Canada who possess wide range of knowledge all on Canada visas. I was informed of my application status from time to time and I am happy with the help they provided for my visa application

Vinay Jain

( Canada Work Visa )