About Australia Work Visas
Australia is an extremely popular destination for skilled professionals and tradespeople wishing to start a new life in another country. Australia’s economy has remained strong throughout recent years, leading to a high demand for skilled migrants.
In order to live and work in Australia on the temporary or permanent basis, you would require applying for an appropriate Work Visa in Australia. It can be mainly divided into two categories, i.e.
Skilled Migration Visa:
These types of visa have been designed for the foreign skilled workers who meet the other required criteria and having the skills needed by the Australian labour market. Under the Skill-select program skilled worker applicants can gain a permanent Australia visa; using their qualifications, work experience and language ability to meet the Australian immigration requirements.
Common Skilled Migration Visa Categories:
- Skilled-Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled-Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
Nominated/Sponsored Work Visas:
These particular categories of visa are for the individuals who meet the other required criteria and sponsored or nominated by:
- A recognised Australian Employer
- A Territory or State Authority
- A government Agency of a State or Territory
Common Sponsored or Nominated Visas
Australia Skilled Immigration Basic Requirements
There are a number of basic requirements that applicants must meet in order to be considered for the GSM program. While this is not a comprehensive list of all eligibility criteria, it does give a good idea of the minimum standards applicants must meet:
- Age – you must be under 50 years of age when you apply.
- English language – you should have sufficient ability in the English language to work in Australia (at least at competent level). This is measured through the International English Language Testing System
- Qualifications – you must have your skills and qualifications assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation.
- Nominated occupation – when you apply you nominate a skilled occupation, which fits your skills and qualifications. Your nominated occupation must be found on the Skilled Occupations List.
- Skills assessment – before you apply, you must have your skills assessed by the Australian assessing authority designated to assess your nominated occupation.
- Health assessment – you must undergo a medical assessment, and show that you are in reasonably good health.
- Character assessment – you must be of good character, usually this means a criminal record check.
How can Reo Visa help?
At Reo Visa, we have a whole team of immigration lawyers who can help you towards your goal of working in Australia. An expert immigration adviser can work one-on-one with you to assess your options and eligibility.
We will guide you through your entire Work Visa application process. If it is applicable, this will include checking your Australia Sponsor’s status, arranging and obtaining your Certificate of Sponsorship from them. One of our lawyers will also devise a Letter of Recommendation for your case to be sent with your application. Contact us now on 902333 2333 or use our online contact form to speak with an immigration lawyer about your Australia work options.
For more information on the different visa options for working in Australia, please chat with us.
How to Apply
Talk to our expert advisors who possess wide range of knowledge on Australia visa and immigration and available 24/365.
Our immigration experts will run a free assessment and advise you options and eligibility to apply a Australia work visa
We will advise, support and prepare your Australia work permit applications on your behalf.
Not sure which visa to apply?
Chat with our expert advisers 24/7 who will help you choose the visa that most suitable for your situation.
Can I apply Australia visa?
- Are you under 45 years?
- Can you speak English?
- Do you have work experience?
If you answer yes, please call us +91 90 2333 2333, we will help you towards your goal of working in Australia.
Can you help me find job in Australia?
Yes, our mission is to make job opportunities universally accessible to our customers. This is what makes Reo Visa & immigration very unique.
First time ever in India, we have introduced powerful job assistance apps that use cutting-edge technology combined with artificial intelligence, work with over 3800 recruitment agencies/ employers in Australia
Please call our overseas recruitment team on +91 90 2333 2333 to find out more details.