About Student Guardian Visa (subclass 580)
The Student Guardian (Subclass 580) visa allows parents and other legal guardians of international students to enter Australia with them in order to provide accommodation, welfare, and financial support to them while they study.
Student Guardian (Subclass 580) visa holders must usually be accompanying a student who is less than 18 years old, except in exceptional circumstances; such as if the student has physical or mental health needs or disabilities which mean they need a guardian in Australia. They can stay in Australia for the full length of the student visa holder’s stay which they accompany, or until the student reaches 18 years of age (whichever comes sooner).
Student Guardian (Subclass 580) visa holders cannot work in Australia without a separate work permit, but may study an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) for up to 20 hours per week, OR;
A non-ELICOS course for 3 months or less
In order to to be eligible for a Student Guardian visa, applicants must:
- Be a parent or legal guardian of an Australian student visa holder, OR;
- Be another relative of an Australian student visa holder, and be nominated as a custodian by the student’s parent or legal guardian
- Be at least 21 years old
- Have the means to provide accommodation, welfare, and financial support to the student while they study in Australia
- Plan to live at the same address as the student visa holder in Australia
- Have enough funds to pay for travel and maintenance costs for themselves and the student visa holder
- Meet various health requirements, including having health insurance
- Meet the character requirements, this usually means a criminal record check
- Satisfy Australian officials that they will not overstay their visa. This is known as the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
How can Reo Visa help?
We have helped many students get study visas and we can help you do the same. Our team of immigration lawyers will assess and advise on your eligibility for a Student Visa under the Australia Immigration rules.
We will professionally compile the required documentary evidence, complete the necessary paperwork and design a Letter of Representation in support of your visa application. Your tailored Letter of Representation will specify the merits of your case, reference supporting documentation and cite relevant law, all in support of your case. We will also liaise with your university/institution and the DIBP(Department of Immigration and Border Protection) until a decision has been made.
Contact us now on 902333 2333 or use our online contact form to speak with an immigration lawyer about your Australia work options.
For more information on the different visa options to study in Australia, please chat with us.
How to Apply
Talk to our expert advisors who possess wide range of knowledge on Australia visa and immigration and available 24/365.
Our immigration experts will run a free assessment and advise you options and eligibility to apply a Australia study visa
We will advise, support and prepare your Australia study visa and university application on your behalf.
Not sure which visa to apply?
Chat with our expert advisers 24/7 who will help you choose the visa that most suitable for your situation.
Can I apply Australia study visa?
- Do you have course acceptance?
- Do you have enough funds to support yourself during the course?
- Do you meet English Language Proficiency?
If you answer yes, please call us +91 90 2333 2333, we will help you towards your dream of studying in Australia.
Can you help me find placement in Australian university and getting study visa?
Yes, our mission is to make job opportunities universally accessible to our customers. This is what makes Reo Visa & immigration very unique.
First time ever in India, we have introduced powerful job assistance apps that use cutting-edge technology combined with artificial intelligence, work with over 3800 recruitment agencies/ employers in Australia
Please call our overseas recruitment team on +91 90 2333 2333 to find out more details.