About Independent ELICOS (subclass 570) Study Visas
The Independent ELICOS (Subclass 570) student visa allows international students to enter Australia in order to study on an ELICOS (English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students) course.
In this visa category you can study full time. Your dependants can join you if you can bear the expenses for your family according to the local standards of living. Once you complete Elicos and start your course you can work 40 hrs. per fortnight in the academic year and unlimited hours during summer holidays.
Partner if accompanying can study for maximum 3 months. In case they want to study for more than three months they need to apply separate student visa individually.
- You must get enrolled in a course registered with Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- Provide proof of acceptance onto an ELICOS course at an Australian organisation, such as an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment code, Confirmation of Enrolment letter, or Letter of Offer.
- You must have enough money to pay your tuition fee, living expenses for all the members included in the application keeping in mind the normal living conditions in the country.
- You must have the health insurance from Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance for all the members included in the application
- Possess the required English language ability (as per the department guidelines and the type of visa being applied).
- Satisfy Australian officials that you will not overstay your visa. This is known as the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
Students less than 18 years old
Students under the age of 18 must meet specific eligibility requirements to be granted a visa. These students must:
- Have a parent or guardian sign their visa application. If the parent or guardian is unable to do this they can instead provide:
- A statutory declaration letter, giving their permission for the student to travel to Australia, OR;
- A copy of Australian form 1229
- Stay with a parent/guardian, or another relative over the age of 21 (who must be nominated by a parent/guardian) while in Australia. If this is not possible other arrangements can be made, but these must be agreed with the student’s education provider in Australia.
The Independent ELICOS (Subclass 570) student visa allows students to stay in Australia for the duration of their studies, plus a set period determined by the length of the student’s course, and what time of the year that it finishes:
- Course length of less than 10 months: The visa will last the full length of the course, plus one month.
- Course length of 10 months or more, and finishing between January and October: The visa will last the full length of the course, plus 2 months.
- Course length of 10 months or more, and finishing in November or December: The visa will last until March 15th of the next year.
This student visa automatically allows students to work for up to 20 hours per week during study/term time, and full time during holidays. No separate work authorisation is required.
However, students under the school leaving age for the state they are studying in cannot work during study/term time. For most Australia states the school leaving age is 15.
Family members included on the student’s visa may also work for up to 20 hours per week year round.
How can Reo Visa help?
We have helped many students get study visas and we can help you do the same. Our team of immigration lawyers will assess and advise on your eligibility for a Student Visa under the Australia Immigration rules.
We will professionally compile the required documentary evidence, complete the necessary paperwork and design a Letter of Representation in support of your visa application. Your tailored Letter of Representation will specify the merits of your case, reference supporting documentation and cite relevant law, all in support of your case. We will also liaise with your university/institution and the DIBP(Department of Immigration and Border Protection) until a decision has been made.
Contact us now on 902333 2333 or use our online contact form to speak with an immigration lawyer about your Australia work options.
For more information on the different visa options to study in Australia, please chat with us.
How to Apply
Talk to our expert advisors who possess wide range of knowledge on Australia visa and immigration and available 24/365.
Our immigration experts will run a free assessment and advise you options and eligibility to apply a Australia study visa
We will advise, support and prepare your Australia study visa and university application on your behalf.
Not sure which visa to apply?
Chat with our expert advisers 24/7 who will help you choose the visa that most suitable for your situation.
Can I apply Australia study visa?
- Do you have course acceptance?
- Do you have enough funds to support yourself during the course?
- Do you meet English Language Proficiency?
If you answer yes, please call us +91 90 2333 2333, we will help you towards your dream of studying in Australia.
Can you help me find placement in Australian university and getting study visa?
Yes, our mission is to make job opportunities universally accessible to our customers. This is what makes Reo Visa & immigration very unique.
First time ever in India, we have introduced powerful job assistance apps that use cutting-edge technology combined with artificial intelligence, work with over 3800 recruitment agencies/ employers in Australia
Please call our overseas recruitment team on +91 90 2333 2333 to find out more details.